1. To promote good and fair banking practices by setting minimum standards in dealing with customers
2. To increase transparency so that customers have a better understanding of what they can reasonably expect of the services
3. To encourage market forces through competition to achieve higher operating standards
4. To promote a fair and cordial relationship between the customers and the Bank
5. To foster confidence in the banking system.
The code will apply to all products and services of the Bank. The Code dwells upon interest rates, tariff schedule, terms and conditions governing relationship between the bank and the customer, compensation of loss, privacy and confidentiality of the information relating to the customer, norms governing advertisements, marketing and sales by banks.
The Bank has designated the General Manager, Customer Service Department as Code Compliance Officer for the Bank, to whom customers are free to refer any systemic deficiency observed by them in day to day operations.